15 APR 2021
The early start to the season has been welcomed by all and we can say it has been great to see our Members playing golf again. Mother Nature has been good to us which has made for some very busy days. On average we are seeing 550 to 650 people a day on the property. This type of engagement shows that golf is a way for us to feel normal during these not-so-normal times.
Members and staff often ask me why are we making certain decisions with our operations and why can’t we go back to normal. When we make our operating decisions during these times, these are the guiding principles: 1) keep our staff and Members safe, 2) keep our golf courses open. We are all fortunate during the most recent Emergency Stay-at-Home Order to have a place to work and play, and we need to stay vigilant to keep this privilege.
We want everyone who comes to this property to be proud of being at RattleSnake Point, but first and foremost we want to be an example of safety so we can continue to enjoy being here together. Thank you very much for doing your part in staying safe, and keeping golf open.
Golf Operations Update:
- We will be open for warm-up only starting Friday, April 16
- 12 pre-booked one-hour practice sessions, golf instruction, and club fittings will be available as soon as the “Stay-at-Home” order is complete. Practice sessions will be booked through golf genius when available. Booking procedures to come.
- Starter Hut
- A new permanent starter hut will be built in the next few weeks in between the first tees.
- Purpose - to keep our starter safe and help them maintain social distancing.
- Temporary Starter hut will be located closer to the Halfway Hut and Copperhead 1st
- Orange Tees have been installed on the course. We will be adding temporary identifiers so people can locate them
- An additional cart return location is being added to the back of the parking lot for both power carts and pull carts. Please do not take a cart from this area as they are not sanitized. We have also added sanitized pull carts in the parking lot labelled “Pull Cart Pick Up”.
- Check-in only in Golf Shop, curbside pick-up for any purchases
Although significant frost delays are hopefully behind us, the best way to stay up-to-date is one of the following:
- Social media – Instagram follow @rattlesnakepointgolfclub to view our story for regular updates until we are back on time.
- Golf Shop – call the golf shop if no live answer our voicemail will be updated with delay times as they occur. Leave a message if you desire, we check these regularly.
- Email – golf shop will send an email to our RattleSnake Point Member roster notifying of frost delay and update when available.
Early spring opening with over 3,000 golfers a week means we must be extra diligent with divot repair, ball marks, and respecting cart rules. How we treat the course now determines its peak appearance later in the season.
- It is important that you always replace your divot. When replacing is not possible please use the sand and seed provided on your power cart to fill and smooth the divot.
- Ball marks on greens are just as important. Please take the time to repair more than just one
- Please keep carts on paths near tee decks and greens
Gary Reed, Saturday, April 10 on Sidewinder #2
Marc St-Jean, Thursday, April 15 on Sidewinder #2
Our normal ClubLink hole-in-one complimentary beverage program is on pause until we can safely serve and distance everyone appropriately. In the meantime, any lucky Member who gets a hole-in-one will receive a $200 gift card to be used once the patio or bistro is open to celebrate.
Bill McAllister, Christine Kumagai and the rest of the turf team have been working hard since the course closed in late November. If you have been fortunate enough to play Copperhead you have seen the change to number 11. The removal of the bunker in front of the green has made for a difficult approach shot and a few more balls in the water. We may have turned this into our signature hole. Below are some updates to the turf operations.
- April 3, the earliest we have ever open
- We have completed our first bunker prep this week. While the weather isn’t always the best in April we will be in the high traffic bunkers daily and will be managing the rest of the bunkers weekly. Once May 1 comes we will be in bunkers daily. We will not have rakes in the bunkers this year
- We are looking to finish up the Copperhead 11 project and will be sodding the area as soon as sod is available.
- We will be sodding or seeding the other bunker fill in projects
- We have some future projects that will be starting once we clean up the current projects. Stay tuned for some updates around 12 and 13 Copperhead.
- Garbage cans are on course every other hole so please use these while playing
- We have plans to tend to specific garden areas all around the property this year. The focus will be on the property entrance, at the sign into the parking lot, at the front door of the clubhouse, the planters on the patio, and the hanging plants in the gazebo. We will mulch the garden around the snake and remove the fire pit (solution to be determined). Once safe to do so we’re looking forward to tending all the gardens to pre covid standards.
Thank you and stay safe.
Craig Cupido, Director of Operations
Welcome letter to the RattleSnake Membership for the 2021 Season from our
Men's Captain Otto Trozzolo and our Ladies Captain Marilyn McNevitts
Dear RattleSnake Men,
I would like to start by welcoming all of you to the 2021 golf season. We are all very excited about the new season. I am looking forward to seeing everyone around the Club very soon!
The 2020 season was a challenging year for most of us as we did not know what to expect with COVID-19. The good news is that RattleSnake Point provided a safe environment for us to play the great game of golf and see our friends again. The team at RattleSnake Point did an outstanding job in keeping us safe and delivering outstanding golf and services. As a favour, I ask that when you encounter the Staff and Management team this season, that you take a moment to thank them for the great work that they do.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for allowing me to serve as your 2021 Club Captain. I will truly devote my time to work with the Management Team and the Member Committee to provide our Members with the best possible experience.
For over two decades, I have enjoyed making many friendships, and playing in many of the events that make RattleSnake Point a great Club. Events such as Men’s Night, Kennedy Cup, Interclub, Canada Cup, and Generation Cup, have brought many people together over the years for some friendly competition and camaraderie, and I look forward to participating in them once again this year.
Thank you all for coming back to the RattleSnake Point Golf Club, and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Otto Trozzolo, Men’s Club Captain
Dear RattleSnake Ladies,
With the new season starting early and the news yesterday that we can remain open, everyone is very excited to get the golf season started. I hope you have survived the COVID winter and for those of us who didn’t get away at least the winter wasn’t too cold, and the snow was manageable. The Ladies committee has met a few times and the plans for the new season are well underway. We are very happy to have Lorelle Weavers back again this year and she will be organizing our Ladies Events.
We have reviewed the survey results from last year and will be incorporating that feedback into our activities for 2021. This year we will be adding a Ladies Doubles Match Play event, a Match Play Consolation round, and we will continue with the Thursday Travel group. Lyna Newman has kindly offered to organize the Thursday group again so if you are interested in participating with other RS ladies on Thursday mornings, please contact Lyna at firstname.lastname@example.org Additionally we will be implementing the Orange Tee blocks for those ladies who prefer to play a somewhat shorter game.
We will be holding another Golf Fore the Cure event in September and we are looking for volunteers to organize this event. Last year was a great success despite COVID and we hope to make this year’s event an even bigger success. If you are interested in volunteering for this event, please let Lorelle email@example.com or myself firstname.lastname@example.org know.
You will also soon be hearing from our Ladies’ Day Captains highlighting the Ladies’ day activities and plans for Tuesdays. Dust off your clubs, we will be hitting the links before you know it.
See you soon
Marilyn McNevitts, Ladies Captain
2021 RattleSnake Member Event
Golf Genius Registration Update
Registration is now open for the events listed below on Golf Genius follow the link or use the GGID# to register. Please let email@example.com know if you did not receive the invite for these events from Golf Genius, it is important to ensure you are receiving these emails since our communication for sign-ups is through Golf Genius.
Senior Men’s Events
No email address or password is required.
Full details can be found by clicking the link above.
Registration note: To register you must use the Golf Genius Website just a friendly reminder not to use the Golf Genius App for registration.