ClubLink COVID-19 Response
13 MAR 2020
With growing global concerns around COVID-19 (“coronavirus”), we want you to know that the health, safety and well-being of our employees, members and guests is our top priority and we are following the lead of public health authorities at this important time. While the current public health risk associated with coronavirus is low, it is a fluid situation and we will continue to monitor developments very closely.
We are taking all appropriate measures to ensure our club environments are as safe as possible. We have existing plans and training protocols in place and we are implementing additional measures to ensure your safety out of an abundance of caution, including:
• Enhanced cleaning protocols with a focus on high traffic areas and surfaces.
• Postponing all club hosted golf and social events through May 1
• Encouraging employees at our clubs and head office to work from home wherever practicable. Note that this may result in some temporary service interruptions and administrative delays.
• Requiring our employees to stay home if they are feeling sick or have been in contact with anyone who is sick
• Deferring the normal practice of opening our daily fee courses as early as possible to assist with the immediate concerns around social distancing that will help mitigate the spread of the virus
• Our clubs remain open for pre-booked private events, meetings and normal business for this time of year. However, we are increasing communications and reminders with our guests, partners and employees on important health and safety measures.
• To protect yourself and others, we ask that anyone who is feeling unwell to refrain from visiting our clubs so that together we can ensure a safe and comfortable experience for everyone.
We hope that the measures undertaken now and over the next several weeks by citizens, health organizations, businesses and government will have a positive impact on controlling the spread of COVID-19.
With the Canadian golf season just around the corner, we will continue to monitor this situation closely and provide further updates as appropriate.
Chief Operating Officer